Beautiful rare historic rustic house with grounds--- 5+ wooded acres backed by a 150 acres of forest with future development possible. (This back 150 acres is not part of the property.) c 1840's.
Includes in-ground concrete pool, outbuildings, sheds, deck, walking trails. Easy access to local lakes, golf, hiking, ski resorts, boating, Bethel Performing Arts Center, and more.
Much investment potential.Survey shows pie shape of property. 800+ feet road frontage. Back runs along forest.
3 sides of property have stone walls. 800 feet frontage on maintained town road.
HURLEYVILLE, NY 12747 (Between Monticello and Liberty NY)
Good film and movie set location - period 1840's large farm house and grounds.
5 acre property is "pie-shaped" - surrounded by stone walls on 3 sides. Lovely 3 acres woods included.
Survey shows pie shape of property. 800+ feet road frontage. Back of property runs along forest. Stone walls on 3 sides.
Features of rustic 1840's house and property: The house systems have been modernized. The historical character and uniqueness of this house have been maintained. This is a rare and unique opportunity to purchase a historical original home from the 1840's. Truly one of a kind treasure. There is cosmetic work to be done.
* Wide pine plank floors upstairs - currently painted with carpets.
* Newly designed master kitchen with island - good for groups.
* Kitchen, bathroom wood stove surround floors set with marble, onyx, slate, stone and granite mosaics done by our visiting artisans.
* Front porch along entire 50' front of house.
* Natural crafted pergolas. Himalayan rambling roses and other flowering vines climb on them. Very beautiful in spring rose season!
* Main house is 4000 Square Feet.
* House has 20 rooms. 5 kitchens. 7 bathrooms.
* Taxes: School & Property approximately $4500 annually (including sewer).
Municipal sewer runs about $85/quarter.
* Zoned R-1 with variance for "rooming house".
* 2 outbuildings that can become additional rental units or living spaces or studios after fix-ups.
* 20 X 40 inground concrete pool. Landscaping with boulders at one end. Add fountain for waterfall. 2 gazebos at one end. The hard work is done. Either leave the pool as a natural fish pond, or clean and put back into use as a swimming pool.
Currently, the pool is in the process of being converted to a natural pool: Has goldfish, frogs, salamanders, water plants. Maybe in time - hydroponic tomatoes and lettuce... a work in progress. Natural pools are very in in Europe, and cutting edge is US.
* Side yard deck with floor with inlaid marble hexagonal. 20 Feet in diameter. Supplied with electricity.
* Professional landscaping.
* Mature perennial garden beds full of flowers in spring and summer.
* Herbs for tea and cooking.
* Hurleyville, New York is in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains.
* Delicious organic food from local farmers all during the growing seasons.
* A cistern well from underground spring provides emergency water during blackouts. We used it during Hurricane Sandy.
* Lots of hiking/walking trails nearby.
* Ski country.
* This home is in the HEART of the autumn leaf spectacular. For 2 weeks every October, eye-catching & stunning display of the reds, golds, oranges, bronzes. Big TOURIST season if you care to rent out during this time.
* Tap your OWN MAPLE SYRUP! Big Sugar maples on property.
* Beautiful lakes all around local area.
* Quiet living, yet easy trip to New York City and surrounding areas.
* 7 airports:
- NY City 3 (Laguardia, JFK, Newark - 2 1/2 hours
- Westchester 1 1/4 hours
- Albany, NY 2 hours
- Stewart-Newburg, NY 45 minutes
- Binghamton 1 1/2 hours
* 1.5 - 2 hour commute from New York City.
* Big patch of blueberry bushes, and lots of red and black raspberries.
* Rugosa and hedge roses provide fresh rose hips each autumn.
* Have breakfast in the fresh raspberry patch each morning... from the stem to your mouth direct!
* Rustic hand-crafted antique garden shed. Rambling rose climbing up side. 4 weeks blooming season of pale pink rose clusters enchant the senses & perfume the neighborhood in the spring.
* New electric system. House fully rewired. New electric panel brought in. New circuit breaker box and lines throughout. Outdoor lines to pool and to gazebo.* New plumbing system. 2 4" drains, one on each side of main house connecting to town sewer system. All new plumbing serves 7 bathrooms and 5 kitchens. Year round anti-frost outside hose connection. Most of the plumbing lines have been converted to PEX - for non-breaking during any winter freeze ups.* House supplied with forced hot air ducts. AC can be added to this system for central AC. (Though we get naturally fresh and cool air from the surrounding forest during the summer months.) Furnaces of your choice can be added to the duct system - including air-source heat pumps, wood, or propane.
Additionally, 4 Monitor and Toyotomi vented wall furnaces burn K1. PLUS a large wood-burning stove in the great room - for fun, ambiance, and power emergencies. This house was built before electricity - and can still survive and operate when it goes out.
New triple wall chimney for wood stove.
Consider converting to new green technology: Air source heat pumps and solar panels. Current price estimates and sources available.
* 40 gallon hot-water heater, propane.* New water pump - your own well, 250 feet deep of famous Catskill Mountain water. The Catskill mountains provide the drinking water for New York City.
* Acres can be developed. Town water and town sewer run along property line. 800 feet of road frontage on maintained town road.
* Develop or enjoy the 5 acres.
* 800 feet of maintained road frontage.
* Fire hydrant directly across street from main house.
* Many new developments in the area give a strong demand for a B and B or country inn, and other amenities to support guests and other area visitors.
* 5-7 minutes to Raceway Casino.
This unique one-of-a-kind historical LARGE HOUSE, healing center, community and/or retreat house is being offered on the market now.
All reasonable offers entertained. There are no comps for this very rare house full of rustic flavor. (No speculators or "bottom fishers" or flippers, please.)